GEOPARK AND GEOLOGICAL HAZARD RESEARCH CENTER
Address : Kampus Iwa Koesoema Soemantri, Gedung-3 (belakang)
Jl. Dipati Ukur, No. 35 Bandung 40132
Telephone : +628112213566
E- mail : [email protected]
Website : www.geoparks.id
The development of the world, especially Indonesia which prioritizes the mining sector (extractive) in the utilization of natural resources or geological resources for development for the improvement of the national economy, is currently developing by taking the concept of GEOPARK CONCEPT (Taman Bumi), the concept of sustainable development of a region that triple-diversity: Geology (Geodiversity), Biology (Biodiversity) and Culture (Culturaldiversity). This concept began to be developed in the UN through UNESCO since 2004. In its development this concept has pillars on aspects: Conservation; Education; Community Empowerment and Local Economic Value Growth through Geo-tours. Moto has: “Glorifying Earth, Welfare Society”.
Padjadjaran University is committed to developing geopark concepts by establishing the RCGGH in 2016 and establishing it as a flagship program with a vision to become a center of study and referral for the development of science, technology and geological resource management for harmonization of life at local, national and global levels.
The mission of RCGGH is as follows:
- Conduct research on developing theories and concepts related to geological resources;
- Conduct action research on development and management of geological resources;
- Implementing cultural studies and social mapping at potential geological resource sites;
- Implementing training, mentoring, and institutional strengthening activities related to geological resource development and management issues;
- Conducting geological, biological and cultural studies of an area to be developed through the concept of geopark;
- Conducting training, mentoring and institutional strengthening activities to develop geopark areas;
- Conducting geological disaster related studies and taking an active role in risk reduction and disaster management activities.
THE EXPERIENCE OF RCGGH YEAR 2016-2017
The Cooperation Experiences of RCGGH 2016-2017 is as follows:
- Preparation and Book Printing Geopark Ciletuh in West Java, cooperation CV. Vidiatama and West Java ESDM (2016).
- Development of Data and Information Pilar Geopark Ciletuh in West Java, cooperation PT. Syapril Janizar and West Java ESDM (2016).
- Geohydrology Investigation of Ciletuh Area in West Java, cooperation of PT. Inasa Sakha Kirana and West Java ESDM (2016).
- Preparation of Geopark Ciletuh Information Board in West Java, cooperation CV. Vidiatama and West Java ESDM (2017).
- Preparation of Geosite Literacy at Geopark Ciletuh Palabuhanratu, cooperation CV. Winandi Kara and West Java Housing and Settlement (2017).
Some of the books that have been published are “National Geopark Ciletuh-Palabuhanratu, Sukabumi – Indonesia”, “Tour Guide Ciletuh-Palabuhanratu Geopark”, and “Ciletuh-Palabuhanratu Toward UNESCO Global Geoparks”.